Road Traffic Accident Claims
Road Traffic Accidents are very common, and thankfully not often serious! Most drivers will experience some sort of Road Traffic Accident (car crash or accident) at some point in their lives. In some unfortunate, and thankfully rare circumstances, there are injuries caused. If you have been in a road traffic accident or car crash and have sustained whiplash, pain, bruising, back pain, neck pain or anything more serious, you can talk to Fin about making a claim on 1890 099 8911 / 01 685 4458.
A car crash or road traffic accident has grounds for legal action where the injured party can demonstrate that the accident is someone or something else’s fault, in whole or in part.
The law in Ireland means all drivers must have at least third party insurance. This covers accidents if the driver causes damage to another party, including passengers in the car with the driver. If you are a victim to a driver with no insurance, you are likely to be covered by a special agreement covered by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau of Ireland (MIBI).
Depending on the seriousness of the accident the Gardai may or may not come to the scene.
If you are in a car crash or road traffic accident, make sure you do the follow:
- Get the registration of the other vehicle.
- Take insurance details.
- It is important you get both of these details, and if you are in shock, take clear photos of the registration plate and insurance disc.
- Give your own details.
- Report the accident to the Gardai / Police sooner rather than later. Those who suffer in a car accident have a limited amount of time to make that claim.
- Get the name and address of the driver.
- Get the name and address of the owner if they are different.
- The insurance company details with their policy number including it’s expiration.
- Seek medical attention as soon as you can, if you think you have been injured.
Don’t do the following if you are in a crash / road traffic accident:
- Don’t admit liability.
- Don’t leave the scene until you have the details you need.
- Unless you have their admission of liability in writing, you may have challenges with this later.
If you think you have a compensation claim as a result of a car crash or car accident, give Fin a call on 1890 099 8911 / 01 685 4458 or email email@example.com
The following disclaimer is required of all solicitors providing information in the area of personal injury law:
*In contentious business, a solicitor may not calculate fees or other charges as a percentage or proportion of any award or settlement.